The Oliver Farm Equipment Corporation was formed in 1929 after the merger of the Oliver Chilled Plow Company, the Hart-Parr Company, Nichols & Shepard Company and the American Seeding Machine Company. It was later known as the Oliver Corporation.
Following the merger that created Oliver, production of the Hart-Parr tractor range continued. "Oliver Hart-Parr" brand tractors emerged in mid-1930, with the "Row Crop" which was Oliver's first general purpose tractor. In 1930, Oliver introduced two more standard tractors, the Model 18-28 and the Model 28-44.
The 18-28 and the Row Crop remained in production until 1937 when the 28-44 was transformed into the Model 90 tractor which remained in production until 1952. In 1935, Oliver introduced the Model 70 and in 1937 the Model 80, a larger version of the Model 70 was introduced. An optional Buda-Lanova diesel engine for the Model 80 was the first occasion that buyers of an Oliver tractor could specify diesel power.
In 1940, Oliver introduced the Model 60, a smaller version of the Model 70. Production of the 70 and 80 series tractors ceased in 1948, when they were replaced by the Oliver 77 and 88. In it's turn the Oliver 60 was replaced by the Oliver 66 in 1949. Production of the Oliver 66, 77 and 88 tractors ended in 1952, production of row-crop versions ended in 1954.
From 1954 to 1958, Oliver offered the Super Series of 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, and 99 tractors. The Super 44 and Super 99 were built in 1957 and 1958 only. The Super Series gave way to the Oliver 440, 550, 660, 770, 880, 950, 990, and 995 tractors. Distinctly different in styling from the Super Series, they were the last Oliver tractors offered before the company was purchased by White Motor Corporation, in November 1960.
Oliver introduced the Models 1800 and 1900 in 1960, and followed with the Model 1600 in 1962, built until 1964 when Oliver updated the 1600, 1800 and 1900 tractors, boosting their horsepower output to create the Oliver 1650, 1850 and 1950 range. Over the following years the White name began to replace the Oliver name on it's tractor products, and by 1976 the respected name of Oliver had disappeared entirely.