Massey Ferguson Tractors.
The Massey- Harris and Ferguson organisations amalgamated in 1953, both companies continued producing products under their respective brand names until 1957, when the Ferguson FE 35 was replaced by the Massey Ferguson 35.
During 1957 the Massey Ferguson Range was expanded when the Massey Ferguson 65 was announced. In an advertisement of the time it was stated that: "Together the 35 and 65 tractors make 100 per-cent Ferguson farming available to all"
In 1959 Massey Ferguson purchased the Banner Lane, Coventry factory from the Standard Motor Company, and also acquired the Perkins Engine Company of Peterborough. Production of Massey Ferguson tractors ceased in the United Kingdom when the Banner Lane factory closed in 2002. (For enthusiasts of Banner Lane Built tractors a commemorative badge, key-ring and Fridge magnet can be obtained by clicking here)
Over the following years many new models and an expanded range of tractors were introduced to meet changing farming practices. In 1993, Massey-Ferguson, (which had changed its corporate name) was acquired by AGCO, ending the independence of the company. The Massey Ferguson name will no doubt live on for a long time in the products of the new company and continue to provide the modern tractors needed by both the farmers of today and those of tomorrow.